Here’s to 32 years
Happy Lunar New Year! And also it’s my 32nd birthday. I honestly don’t know how I got this old. But since this is my blog and I do what I want around here I thought I would share some random things about myself in my honor. We’re all allowed to be a little narcissistic on our birthday, right?
Here are 32 things you may or may not know about me:
- I wouldn’t be caught dead in the color yellow (unless I’m strangled with caution tape).
- I listen to podcasts every morning while getting ready for work.
- I’m obsessed with true crime. I’m really sad I didn’t come up with the podcast My Favorite Murder.
- My favorite shows as a kid were Rescue 9-1-1 and Unsolved Mysteries (I heard there’s a reboot!).
- I’m an ice cream fanatic from way back.
- I survived an ostrich attack. Ask me about it.
- I can talk endlessly about dogs, names, and dreams.
- My nails are painted 95% of the time.
- I had an imaginary friend named Krisen (Kristen without the T) that lived down a hilly road.
- I waved at Hilary Duff, Kelly Clarkson, and Justin Guarini in a hotel lobby in Los Angeles.
- My grandmother took me to a taping of the Price Is Right for my high school graduation.
- I HATE bananas but love banana bread.
- ENFP though I’m really like an extroverted introvert.
- The Wizard of Oz is my all time favorite movie.
- I would pretend to be a spy (remember, true crime) and my spy name was Mary J. Blige (same initials!).
- R.L. Stine was my childhood hero. (I may have written some fan fiction in 1995.)
- My first airplane ride was to Key West in 6th grade. I cried before we got on the plane.
- My first CD was No Doubt’s Tragic Kingdom.
- My first real concert was George Jones.
- I won a class spelling bee on the word “basin.” I then lost the grade bee on “cabbage.”
- In high school, I got a B in typing because I “talked too much.”
- My mother had a conference with my teacher in 5th grade because I “talked too much.”
- I have a weird aversion to the color purple unless it’s nail polish.
- I’m named after my great great grandmother (Molly) and my grandmother (Helen Joy).
- The first celebrity to appear in one of my dreams was Sean “Puffy” Combs. He gave me a car.
- I’m currently trying to quit my sugar addiction – just trying to eat less than usual.
- When people “nick” themselves in razor commercials it turns my stomach.
- I was the star of a play one time. Literally. I played a star named Twinkle.
- I was terrified of the Easter Bunny as a kid.
- I won a pull up contest in 8th grade. I did 20 legit, no kipping pull ups in a row.
- My current favorite snack is homemade popcorn with butter, rosemary, and sea salt (with a glass of red wine).
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
In a less vain post, I wrote about my 30th year here for my 31st birthday.